December 27, 2010

CD1, Attempt #6

Got my period today and so cycle #6 begins. I have been such a Debbie Downer that I haven't felt much like blogging, but I am up for it today. (I think.) Thank you for thinking of D and I and sending us your nice thoughts, friends-on-the-interwebs :)

Tomorrow, I start taking Femara. 5mg, days 2-6. Wednesday, I will go in for a "baseline ultrasound." I have never had one of these on CD3 so I am curious as to what it will tell us. We will also pick up the Bravelle from the Doc on Wednesday. 

D and I have decided to go ahead and insist on 2 insems this month. It may mean throwing money away, but if we don't do it and we don't get PG, I know I will kick myself. It absolutely is worth it for my piece of mind. Because of that, we are back to the drawing board in terms of sperm. The bank we have been using for the past 2 months is too expensive for us to use again, much less to use to buy twice as much sperm. Bye-bye Cryogenic Labs! You were no bloody help to us anyway. We are currently debating between switching to Midwest Sperm Bank OR going back to donor #1. Midwest is super-affordable (only $200 a vial!) and their sperm supposedly has fantastic numbers. I hope the message boards are right. We are also tossing around the idea of going back to donor #1. He had fantastic numbers (always between 23-28 million motile sperm) and we did get that one chemical pregnancy with him... We just aren't sure yet. We will have to make a decision this week.

It is a real struggle to think positively/feel hopeful at this point, but I am trying. I am also trying to get my ass back on the treadmill. For realz. I have gained a lot of weight since TTC, and adding the injectables this month only guarantees that I will gain even more. Of course, if it all results in a baby, I will thank each and every new pound personally. Heck, I'll even take them out to a restaurant, maybe get 'em a lil' massage! ;)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a happy, healthy, and *lucky* new year!

♥ N


2 comments:

  1. We do a baseline U/S each month. They tell you the total number of resting follicles you have. You can google the number and it will give you an idea what is in the normal range. We are doing back to back IUIs as well this month. Good Luck to us both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thoughts and prayers and such!

    ReplyDelete