December 7, 2010

Ready, set... go!

Haven't had the time or energy for a real post, so here's a quick-n-dirty update:


D and I had our CD11 ultrasound on Monday, and were given the go-ahead to trigger Monday night. The Dr. saw only one follicle that was ready to go - alas! - but one is all we need. He also saw - and this was good news post-Clomid - a thick uterine lining (11 mm). We are heading in to inseminate tomorrow morning bright and early. 


I had a weird response to the trigger shot last night, for some unknown reason. The first 4 were pretty much a non-issue, but this time was really painful and I am still sporting a bruise and red, raised skin. Not sure what to make of it, but will check with the Dr. tomorrow, just in case... Hopefully it's nothing.


I will say that this cycle - my 1st cycle in 4 months NOT on Clomid - felt remarkably different. Ready for TTC TMI? (If you are not someone trying to conceive, I recommend you skip this bit!) I have had a ton of CM this month - making me realize that I haven't had ANY for at least two months. None. Nada. Not having CM is one of the negative side effects of Clomid that make it harder to get pregnant (not that this effects us because with an IUI we bypass the cervix entirely). But, I figure if I was having one negative side effect of Clomid, I was most likely having others as well that did effect our chances (i.e. an insufficient uterine lining). Ya feel me? It appears that off of Clomid, my body has reverted right back to a healthy normal state, which is super-reassuring. Go lady-parts!


We have a lot of reasons to feel good about this month (see here), so we are excited. Well, excited within reason/balanced with caution, I guess. We're certainly not giddily excited like we were the first few times, when every insemination seemed full of possibilities. (Okay, I'm lying. We do still get kinda excited everytime we do it, even still.)


Here's to hoping.


♥ N

3 comments:

  1. Everything crossed for your insem tomorrow! And it sounds like all the TMI is good news!

    ReplyDelete