December 16, 2010

8DPI

Feeling a whole lotta nothing so far. But it's still early.


In other news, D and I had our 2nd consult with the RE on Tuesday - the first since we have started this process. When we saw him a week ago for the insemination we were pretty devastated because we had just found out that our sh*tty insurance provider is refusing to pay for my HSG procedure. (They have paid for NOTHING thus far.) This means we will have to fork over $2000 to pay for it ourselves. I should make t-shirts:
I paid $2000 and all I got was this lousy camera-phone photo.
I was in tears during the insem because paying for that procedure means we can't afford to move on to more aggressive baby-makin'. I must have looked pretty pathetic because he told us he would not charge us for the consult and not to worry, he wasn't "giving up on us."

On to the consult: Doc was pretty adamant about moving on to more aggressive treatment if this month does not result in a pregnancy. The oral is obviously not enough to get me PG. He wants to keep me on the Femara days 2-6, but I am going to add injectables to the mix on days 7-12. One shot a day, subcutaneous (in the fat, thank gawd), for 5 days. I can handle that. He assured us that adding injectables would triple our chances of getting pregnant that month. Holy f*ck, if that's the case, bring it on! 

However, being on injectables also means a lot more monitoring - multiple ultrasounds and multiple blood work-ups (and multiple babies!). Blergh. But here's the *wonderful* bit: Doc is going to find us the drugs at no cost to us (-$1000) and he is only going to charge us for 1 ultrasound (-$700), so that, after everything's said and done, this month on injectables will cost us no more that what we have been paying each month on the oral meds.



!!!


This was/is *amazing* news. We are both extremely grateful, but... we also feel like this is the right thing for our Doc to do. I mean, he charges us $235 for a 3 minute insemination and $356 for a 7 minute ultrasound. We have given him $3000 over the past 5 months, for what has probably totaled no more than 1 hour of his time. That's a pretty hefty hourly rate, in my opinion ;)


Of course, we are still hoping we will not have to take him up on this offer! 
creepiest Barbie ever.
On a slightly different note, there is something I have been paranoid about for the past 3 months and I don't know what to do about it. I have been triggering ovulation every month with an HCG shot --> Pregnyl. And every month I get these paranoid feelings that we *missed* my ovulation. My Doc says that that is not possible - that every IVF procedure depends upon those eggs staying in their follicles until hour 36 - but I am unconvinced. I'm only 4'11" and 120lbs... Isn't it possible the drugs are too strong and that I ovulate earlier on it? If I ovulated as early as hour 12 then by the time we inseminated at hour 36 the egg would be DEAD. That's my concern.


The internet is no help here. Half the things I read reiterate what my doctor says, and the other half say it's possible to ovulate anytime 12-48 hours after the shot. I feel as though if there's nothing wrong with my body, and nothing wrong with the sperm, then it has to be the timing, doesn't it? *sigh*


I need to keep reminding myself that the bridge you cross before you come to it is over water that isn't even there. 


6 more days till testing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment