December 9, 2010

1DPI

If everything went according to plan, then sometime between 9:30am yesterday morning and 9:30am today, fertilization took place. Now there is nothing to do but (eat pineapple and) wait. 


The insem went okay. New Dr. this time (there are 4 different RE's at the practice we go to), who talked kinda disparagingly about our Dr.'s methods. I asked him about the bruise and swelling I had at the trigger shot injection site and his reply was something like: "well, Dr. X insists on using subcutaneous shots because they are easier on the patient and this is the kind of thing that happens, blah, blah, blah." It was weird. I hardly need one doctor diminishing my confidence in my doctor before a procedure like that, must less implying that patients who don't do intramuscular shots are some kind of infertility wimps. On top of it, he couldn't get the catheter through my cervix - it took several attempts and some bearing down - and then when he did, he just went ahead and injected the sperm. Hey, that's D's job, a**hole! D wasn't pissed about it because she was worried about the bang-up job he was doing to my lady-parts, but I didn't appreciate his presumption. I had lots of cramping and some spotting yesterday as a result of everything, but I am hoping none of that will effect anything. I don't see why it would.


D and I came home from the insem and took a nap, which was lovely. When she got up to go to work, I sat down to do my own work and broke up long periods of sitting at my desk with some gentle stretching to get the blood flowing. I also ate 1/5 of a pineapple, including the core, around midnight when D brought it home. And that's pretty much it for yesterday. Pretty boring, huh? I know. Truth is, I indulge in my boredom now because I figure when a baby's here boredom will be a luxury I can no longer afford. 


I hope all of your own projects are fruitful these days, friends!


♥ N

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm sending you baby dust! Now just need to find a hobby to keep yourself busy for this 2ww!!

    (told you I check this thing obsessively!!)

    ReplyDelete